- To discuss the appropriate use of online questionnaires;
- To outline the advantages and disadvantages of online questionnaires compared to onsite questionnaires;
- To consider different types of online questionnaires, including email surveys, web-based surveys and questionnaires attached to email;
- To explore sampling issues arising from the use of online questionnaires, including recruitment, identity verification, response rates and incentives;
- To introduce key design issues with respect to online questionnaires, including length, text format and question type;
- To discuss issues relating to the evaluation of online questionnaires;
- To describe key terms, definitions and terminology in relation to online questionnaires;
- To provide links to additional resources, frequently asked questions and print versions.
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the type of research projects where the use of online questionnaires is an appropriate method;
- Evaluate the usefulness of online questionnaires compared to onsite questionnaires;
- Devise an online questionnaire, bearing in mind issues of type, sampling, design and evaluation;
- Use the correct terminology when communicating about online questionnaires;
- Collect information about sources of help when using online questionnaires.