Notes on the usage of these pages
When selecting our references for the different methodologies, we used three selection criteria:
- perceived importance, i.e., how often is a work (or research tool) cited in the recent literature;
- methodological depth, i.e., how we judge the importance of a document;
- accessibility, i.e., if a document is available on the internet.
We use the following graphical guides:
- Around essential readings, links, and programs you will find an orange box.
- marks links to Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) files.
- denotes a link to a file located on Jstor (only accessible at institutions subscribed to Jstor).
- denotes referenced programs written for the Mac-OS environment.
- denotes referenced programs written for a Linux and/or UNIX environment.
- denotes links to commercial websites.